This is the second in a series of reviews I am doing of products from Affiliate ABCs. I was impressed with their 5 Affiliate Marketing Benefits for Bloggers Webinar. Today I am reviewing “Best Practices for Coupon Sites,” a transcription of a roundtable audio discussion about best practices for coupon sites with Affiliate ABCs hosts Deborah Carney and Vinny O’Hare joined by Kim Salvino, Amy Ely, and Jeannine Crooks of buy.at, who talk about best practices, tools, and ideas for coupon sites in the affiliate industry.
• Best practices – ensuring sites are adding value and providing complete, updated coupons, removed expired deals and coupons quickly
• Tools available – such as For Me To Coupon, buy.at’s OfferCentral, Shareasale Network Deals Database
• Ideas – consider niche targeting, work with merchants to create unique coupons
• Scripts, plugins – don’t use them “out of the box”. Customize, change, build your traffic. No script or plugin is going to bring you traffic, they are only the display mechanism
• Check Merchant Rules about coupon sites – some practices like “Click to Reveal Code” are prohibited, know and follow the rules.
If managed well, these sites can tap into the massive revenue opportunity presented by digital coupons in the US market. Specifically, eMarketer forecasts that 88.2 million US adults that will redeem online coupons or codes in 2011. That’s a huge number, but you have to build a site that gives them value to find you and not just toss up an automatically generated site and hope they find it. One example: Find a niche like fishing and find deals and coupons that appeal to fisherman.
Read on for a lot more great tips about how to run a coupon site that will bring revenue and not headaches.
Be assured that our eBook are *not* selling anything, they are legitimate education books about the internet marketing industry.
Published by Nightfire Publications. Can be purchased on Amazon for only $0.99!
This is an easy to read, 12-page introduction to running your coupon site. Keep in mind that this is a transcript of a discussion and so it is not as fluid as a written book, however it is very easy to follow. It is not a book on how to start a coupon site. This ebook is intended for people who have just started or are thinking about starting a site, and already know some of the workings and lingo of blogging. I think the most valuable tips they give are to make your site stand out and to be honest and ethical with the information you provide.